If you live in Canada and you like free stuff – get an Optimum Card from Shopper’s Drug Mart. Shopper’s Optimum is hands down one of the best rewards programs going. I have my own rules for optimizing the Optimum program (see below). But seriously – trust me – you will not regret getting an Optimum card. Last year alone, I redeemed points and got over $1000.00 of free stuff (FREE!!! Who doesn’t want free?).
This is a picture of my most recent haul using my Optimum points – over $100.00 of products and I paid $8.41 (taxes).
What did I get?
Catelli Smart Macaroni
Catelli Smart Penne
Catelli Smart Rotini
Swiss Cheese Slices (a splurge!, usually I get them at Costco)
2 x Neilson Milk
2 x Chocolate Chips
2 x Royale Paper Towels
Quo Cotton Pads
2 x Christie Wheat Thins
Little Puffs (cereal bites)
2 x Godiva Chocolate Bars (another splurge)
3 x 184 pack Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes
1 x 300+ Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes
Neutrogena Clear Pore Face Scrub
Free! Free! Free!
Now for the important part, my -
Rules of Optimum
1. Get an Optimum Card (no kidding)
2. Sign up for the Shoppers Drug Mart and Optimum emails – They frequently send coupons and bonus point offers, both to earn points as well as redemption bonus offers. These are key to maximizing your points.
3. If you have kids, sign up for the Very Important Baby (v.i.b.) program through Optimum. Again, you will receive bonus point offers through this and you also get sent a great little sample pack and Optimum coupon book around the time of your due date. It’s good stuff!
4. Shop only when it is 20x the points or you have bonus point coupons. This might not always be possible but it is key to maximizing your points. This means you have to keep an eye on the flyers (or emails) to be aware of when it is happening. I stock up on 20x the points days and it is well worth it.
5. Only buy items on sale! Again, this is not always possible. I sometimes hear people complain that Shopper’s is expensive – but I often do price comparisons and on many items (diapers, wipes, paper towels, toilet paper, pads, bacon, chips, etc.) their sale prices are just as good if not better than other places. Specifically for moms: Watch the flyer for diaper and wipes sales. I get all my diapers and wipes at Shopper’s either through points redemptions (if they are on sale on a redemption day) or point accumulation (if they are on sale when it is 20x the points). This requires a little bit of planning but it is very doable.
6. Only redeem your points when there is a bonus redemption offer. This is always advertised in the flyer and the Shopper’s Drug Mart emails.
Alright, there you have it. Follow these six steps and you will find yourself on the way to getting loads of free stuff through Shopper’s Optimum.
Post a Comment